CARTEK GEAR INDICATORS
The GEAR INDICATOR from CARTEK is a dashboard mounted device that is designed to indicate to a driver the current selected transmission gear but also incorporates a sequential shift-light display which can indicate to a driver the optimum time to shift up a gear.
The selected gear is indicated by a large, multi-coloured, 7 segment numerical display while the shift-light function is displayed at the upper part of the unit by 8 multi-coloured LEDs. These 8 LEDs form a display sequence that will commence at an engine speed prior to optimum and complete at precisely the optimum speed thereby giving the driver early indication to shift up before the rev limiter is reached or engine damage occurs.
- Configure the lower and upper RPM settings with or without the engine running. Engine only needs to be revved to 50% of max RPM if setting up with engine running, or manually input RPM values using Push Button at rear of Shift Light.
Select from 6 LED display patterns for the Shift Light sequence and 7 Gear Indicator Digit Colours.
- Configure day and night brightness of the LEDs. Switch between brightness levels by pressing Push Button at rear of Gear Indicator.
- Can display 8 forward Gears as well as Reverse (R) and Neutral (N).
- Be fitted to cars with H-Pattern, DSG or Automatic Gearboxes.
- Gear Indicator (Club) also has a dedicated sensor for Sequential Gearboxes.
- Fully potted – can be fitted to cars/ motorbikes with little environmental protection.
GEAR INDICATOR (CLUB)
The Gear Indicator (Club) can either:
- Be connected directly to sequential gearboxes that are equipped with an analogue voltage gear position sensor (Sensor Voltage method)
- Determine the selected gear by calculating the ratio between Engine Speed and Road Speed (Ratiometric method).
This Gear Indicator comes with a 70cm cable which will need to be wired into the Engine Speed and Road Speed/Analogue Voltage signals of your vehicle.
Please note this Gear Indicator is not suitable for engines with older CDI Ignition systems.
Part no : CK-LG-CL
GEAR INDICATOR (OBD2)
This version of the Gear Indicator can be plugged directly into the OBD2 port of the majority of vehicles fitted with this type of connector. It is supplied with a dedicated 1.5 meter OBD2 cable and connector so no additional wiring is necessary.
The Gear Indicator OBD2 determines the selected gear by calculating the ratio between Engine Speed and Road Speed (Ratiometric method).
On power up the Gear Indicator OBD2 will search for the correct OBD2 protocol. When the engine is switched off, the Gear Indicator OBD2 will enter sleep mode to minimise battery consumption.
Please note the Gear Indicator OBD2 is not compatible with OBD splitters and should be the only device plugged into the OBD port. It cannot be hardwired to the vehicle network.
Part no : CK-LG-OBD
GEAR INDICATOR SHROUD
Cartek have also produced a lightweight shroud to fit over the Gear Indicator which helps block out sunlight.
Part no : CK-LG-SD
WHERE TO BUY
FiA Rain Lights
Power Distribution Modules
Power Distribution Panels
Wireless Control Systems
Digital Gear Indicators
CARTEK AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRONICS LTD
Unit 25, Mitchell Point
Ensign Way, Hamble
Southampton, SO31 4RF
Tel: +44(0)2380 457747